Issue: Species and Forest Loss
Before the beginning of the industrial era, there were 5 species lost annually. Now there are approx 50,000 species lost annually.
About 15 years ago, wolves were killed off and removed from Yellowstone Park and they have been recently re-introduced into the ecosystem. The effects of removing the wolves and reintroducing them have affects on abiotic and biotic aspects of the ecosystem.
Discussion on the Species Issues:
- Species that have been lost
- Species that need protection.
- Was Charles Darwin correct in his “Origin of the Species”?
Discussion on Forests Loss:
- The loss of forests are now a critical Global Security Issue, because of a major loss of quality and quantity in the global forests.
- We continue using oil ‘ancient sunlight’ from forests, when we need to collect the daily sunlight to supply all our energy needs.
- Energy Farming is not an option. Bio-mass Energy conversion is less than 1% efficient.