- Develop an understanding of the importance of biodiversity for species
- Understand the interdependence between humans and all species.
- Create a game from the following YouTube link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNfmew9C508andfeature=related
About 15 years ago, wolves were killed off and removed from Yellowstone Park and they have been recently re-introduced into the ecosystem. The effects of removing the wolves and reintroducing them have affects on abiotic and biotic aspects of the ecosystem.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNfmew9C508&feature=related
- The 11th Hour Parts 1 – 9 (not for young children): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RAgkXFlX8Uand feature=related
- Life’s Final Edge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXN633–GE4and feature=endscreenandNR=1
Janson, C. (2000). Spatial Movement Strategies: Theory, Evidence and Challenges In Boinski, S., and Garber, P.A., ( Ed.), On the Move: How and Why Animals Travel in Groups. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, Ltd