- Good introductory video on water that is less than 5 mins:
- This is a good introduction to the water cycle and a game the students can play. In the game, they will be a water molecule and travel through the water cycle, maybe ending up in the Queen’s cup of tea!
- Test the water from a river with adult supervision.
- Walking – Carry a bucket of water from a river or stream to their school to water a tree. This to experience how far women and children in Africa and other countries must carry water.
- Academic papers from the Round-table on Freshwater:
- Where the Great Lakes came from:
Barlow, M. (2007). Blue Covenant: The Global Water Crisis and the Coming Battle for the Right to Water. Toronto, ON: McClelland and Stewart Ltd.
Barlow, M. and Clarke T. (2002). Blue Gold. New York, NY: The New Press
Calhoun Y., (2005) Water Pollution Environmental issues Audubon Magazine
IHTEC – 77 pages of ideas about water, and watersheds, that can also be used as a newspaper. Created by Eric Schneider, Berlin, Germany, for Science for Peace and Canadian Pugwash, and IHTEC.